Tuesday, December 2, 2008

3G Alternator Upgrade Completed


Well it's been awhile since I posted. I've been real busy with SEMA projects and then took a vacation away from home with the family for Thanksgiving. I'm back now and have some updates on the '88 GT Daily Driver. Last night we yanked out the tired original 75 amp alternator and swapped in the 3G 130 amp alternator from PA-Performance. I found once again that there is just too much information and too many people on the Internet making yet another conversion on a fox body more difficult and time consuming than needed. I looked all over the net and compared notes between many different sources to try and find the best way to do this conversion. Even the directions that came with the 3G upgrade wire kit were far more complicated than needed. As a matter of fact a simple diagram would've worked wonders and saved a whole lot of reading and head scratching. For now we had to use some 4 gauge wire for the ground and main power wires to the alternator since we were finishing this up late and nobody in town had 4 gauge wire I could buy by the foot. I usually have everything ready prior to the swap but hadn't this time. Didn't think it'd be difficult to get the wire. So I will post updated photos with clean wiring, clean directions and even a diagram drawing on how to do this with your 86-93 Mustang. Once I get to doing it on my '85 Coupe I will update wiring instructions if needed.

Hopefully next week I will have install pics of the KYB AGX adjustable struts and shocks going in and some feedback on performance.

No comments: