Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My 1985 5.0 LX Coupe and 1988 Mustang GT projects


Here are my 2 project cars - My '88 GT Hatchback which is a daily driver that I've had for a little over a year now and my 1985 5.0 LX Coupe which I've had for a little over 10 years now.


1988 Mustang GT - Like most 5.0 fanatics, I want to modify this car to the max! So much potential! BUT, it's my daily driver, I drive it 60 miles a day, I take my daughter to school in it and during my commute it's gotta be comfortable so I can't go too wild on this car. I do however want to make it stand out from the herd. The direction I want to take this car is towards 1 -handling, 2 - balanced power, and 3 - unique styling - accomplishing these 3 areas in that order and maybe a couple simultaneously. Although it's shown here with the new Billet Specialties Street Lites, I wanted to try 'em out for a couple days and to see what it would look like. Bullitts are back on. These wheels are destined for the 85 Notch below.


1985 Mustang LX 5.0 - This is my baby, she's survived 4 girlfriends and I met my wife with this car. This is also the first 5.0 Mustang I ever owned and I also went down the dragstrip for the first time in this car. Lot of history with this car, used to street race this car in Philly, and I've taken here from stock to a pretty heavily modified car that will probably never be done - a true hot rod. This direction I want to take for this car is street and strip - emphasis on STRIP. I will sacrifice comfort for speed and power with this car. It needs to remain streetable but straightline performance is the priority with this 5.0. She's been through a few changes and soon I hope to have her back together and back on the strip. Here in this pic you see it with the bullitt wheels, they are now on the 88 GT. The Street Lites will be going on this car with the Nitto DRs out back.

For now you can view most of my pics, modifications and specs on my FQuick garage linked here http://www.fquick.com/JohnnyGMachine as well as some other fox bodies I've owned, sold or would just like to own. More to come soon.

1 comment:

X2 said...

Nicely done on your cars. I should say I am very impressed. I wish I could do the same thing...

4 lug to 4 lug billet